Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The comfort of family

My family is in town... hence the lacking of posts! My mom and dad came to help us finish our basement, make curtains, figure out the sprinkler system, and whatever else comes up. Isn't that so great? My grandparents came today as well to help out. It's so nice to have them here to talk to as well--miss them a ton. So I've been spending my time cooking, sewing, and running to stores with my mommy. ;)

Last week we had a fun Monochromatic challenge over on the Hero Blog. It really was a challenge, but I LOVED everyone's work--cards, layouts, and more! I hope you got a chance to go over and play. Check out the blog this week for sneak peeks of the upcoming catalog! (oh, and they came out with some GREAT digital stamps--makes me want to take up digital scrappin'!!)

Here's a couple cards I made for the challenge:



Here's a fun summery layout using my Hero stamps--love ice cream pictures! YUM! For instructions and details go here.

Have a fabulous night!
hugs,
Kandis

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love those cards!!!! I've never tried a monochromatic, I'll have to try that out!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

It is so nice to have family to come and help you, especially mom :)
Love your creations.

dstandard said...

Loving those cards and your page and son are adorable!