Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fishy bag...

This month's theme over at the Hero blog is Summer fun and the fourth of July. I was asked to make a project to go along with the theme and I came up with these fantastic little recloseable snack bags. I sewed one up quickly out of canvas material and stamped my fish right on it. Instead of coloring it in, I stippled ink over them, layering colors to give it a watercolored look. Then I topped off my scales and bubbles with glossy accents to give them some texture. The best part about these is that I can take them on picnics, to the park, family reunions, etc, and my kids will always know which one is theirs! :)



I hope you have beautiful weather wherever you are! Enjoy some sunshine for me! And a steak too--my mouth still wont open very wide so I'm stuck with mashed potatoes, yogurt, and pancakes.

hugs,
Kandis

4 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

Super cute! How did you close the top of the bag? Thanks so much for the b-day wishes today! XO
Danielle

Greg and Brittany said...

Glad to see you up and at it again! Love the bag and all the pics of the boys!

dstandard said...

Yum and cute together!

D.C.C. Mealy said...

Those are adorable!